Color Guard Clinic
The Color Guard Clinic is designed to meet the needs of beginning to advanced members. Individuals, groups, or entire auxiliary ensembles may participate. Innovative teaching techniques and creative design strategies are tailored to meet the needs of the individual and to enhance performance excellence. Leadership seminars and strategies for designing routines will prepare participants to develop effective visual presentations.
Graduates of the color guard clinic have gone on to perform with hundreds of high school bands throughout the region, college marching bands, drum and bugle corps, and winter guards.
Color Guard members develop skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Equipment work focuses on flag technique; rifle / saber instruction available upon request
- Musical interpretation and routine design
- Field placement and staging
- Choreography, dance, and costuming
- Marching and field movement technique
- Leadership and management theory